GDPR (The European Union General Data Protection Regulation) seminar
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) is new legislation that ensures a single, harmonised data privacy law within the European Union. With the increasing risk of data breaches from cyber-attacks and hacking, the EU GDPR aims to prevent the loss of personal data by improving data security for all individuals living in EU member states. Organisations have until 25th May 2018 to comply or potentially face fines of up to 4% of annual turnover or €20 million.
The one-day EU General Data Protection Regulation 'classroom' course
: provides a comprehensive introduction to the EU GDPR, and a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements and how to implement the regulation within the organisation.
During the course, we will go thru the implementation path to ensure EU GDPR compliance, and how you as an IT and data consultant can help companies avoid additional work, and loss of reputation resulting from data breaches. Besides implementation structures, we will also focus on cyber resilience, data protection, and cybersecurity issues that are mandatory within the law.
During the seminar, we will review current IT and data issues regarding GDPR implementation and how you can help companies to develop an IT and data security strategy. The seminar will also be conducted as a GDPR workshop with breakout sessions to identify the significant effects of GDPR and recognise several key areas of action, including a roadmap & framework.
The GDPR FAS certification course will provide a complete introduction to the EU GDPR, with a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements for an organisation of any size (Foundation). Also, we will focus on the practical application and the material substance of the GDPR articles about the GDPR implementation including scope, approach, structure, data flows and mapping to ensure ongoing compliance. (Application & Substance)
Duration & Format:
One day/on Tuesday 5th September 2017 at Grant Thornton at Finsbury Square, London. Session start from 09:00-16:30. Registration at 08:30.
Price: £395 +VAT for the course and £150 + VAT for certification.
You will also be able to achieve the EU GDPR Foundation, Application & Substance (EU GDPR FAS) qualification certification. The certification is optional and can be taken the within three days of the course on the web. The holder of an EU GDPR FAS exam certificate will be able to register the qualification on the EuroSox Institute® successful candidate register database. With the registration you can demonstrate the validity of your GDPR qualification to current and prospective employers worldwide.
- The background of EU GDPR and the significant terminology.
- The fundamental differences between the Data Protection Act and the EU GDPR.
- The data subject’s rights to individual’s personal data.
- Procedure for Processing Subject Access Requests (access to personal data)
- GDPR Privacy rules; marketing requirements and breaches and summary.
- The implementation track to EU GDPR compliance:
- Privacy by Design and Default
- The What, When and How of Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA)
- Data audits
- Training and competence requirements
- Incident response and breach reporting
- Updating policies and procedures
- International data transfers.
- Multijurisdictional & territorial scope of the EU GDPR
The course includes:
- Professional training venue with breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
- Comprehensive seminar documentation (as digital copy. PDF file optional).
- EU GDPR Foundation, Application & Substance Exam (EU GDPR FAS). (optional)
- Certificate of attendance
- A series of GDPR templates for customisation and adjustments
- A series of GDPR policies for customisation and adjustments
||Lady Olga Maitland
Copenhagen Compliance UK Ltd.
||Kersi F Porbunderwalla
Partner - Head of Information Law
Pinsent Masons LLP
Copenhagen Compliance UK Ltd
65, Carter Lane
DX 138762 Cheapside 2
London EC4V 5HF. UK